Germany has always played a dominant role in Europe, both politically and economically. Even in today’s date, German economy single-handedly provides stability to the Euro zone. Considered to be the hub of engineering and technological knowledge and expertise as well as a robust centre of the literature, music and the arts, Germany continues to attract people from all over the world because of its well-constructed education system. One of the largest countries of Europe, Germany’s impact on the continent as well as the global economy is huge, not just with regard to cutting-edge technology and research for the manufacturing sector but as an important global trading partner raising questions and providing solutions concerning social, political and economic issues. The education system has earned a reputation for producing talent across disciplines that is often in great demand in the international labour market.
Germany is today the 3rd most popular study destination among international students in the world. Its glorious past and thriving present is the provenance of its endeavour in excelling in giving qualitative education. The country attracts hundreds and thousands of students every year mainly because of the outstanding education system, friendly nature of the people, laid-back nature, a unique blend of cultures, relaxing atmosphere, and high standard of living available there.
There are 44 universities in Germany which rank among the world’s best in the QS World University Rankings 2016-2017.Six of the top 100 universities in the world are in Germany, 18 universities are included in the top 250, and 32 universities are counted among the world’s top 500. The capital city Berlin is known as the education hub of Germany.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES
- EIIE EURASIA Institute
- FH Aachen University of Applied Sciences
- Internationale Hochschule Bad Honnef Bonn (IUBH)
- SRH Hochschule Berlin
- Dortmund University
- Dresden Technical University
- Frankfurt University
WHY STUDY IN GERMANY?
Germany is an ideal destination for study overseas with its world-class education and thrilling urban life that is embedded in serene landscapes. It has a welcoming culture and accepts immigrants from all over the world. The German economy is vast with infinite opportunities for overseas graduates.
- German universities offer excellent teaching and research, ranking among the best in the world.
- German universities provide outstanding academic programmes, while universities of applied sciences offer a range of attractive, practice-oriented options.
- Many study programmes combine theory and practice. This will greatly facilitate your career start.
- In comparison with other countries, Germany is a safe country. In town or in the countryside, by day or by night, you can move around freely here.
- Discover the beauty and diversity Germany has to offer! When you take time off from your studies, there are 1001 ways of finding out more about your host country.
- Compared to other European countries, the cost of living in Germany is quite reasonable.
- The prices for food, accommodation, clothing, cultural events, etc. are basically in line with the EU average. The largest expense is your monthly rent.
Overseas students can study for free at Public Universities in Germany. However, there is enrolment, administration and confirmation charge per semester that must be paid by them.
Undergraduate Bachelor Degree – €500 -€20,000 yearly
Postgraduate Master’s Degree – €5,000 – €30,000 yearly
- Students can work for 240 days part time or 120 days full time in a year. An exception is, working as an academic assistant. There is no limit to how many days academic assistants may work
- 18 months Residence permit
- They are not allowed to be self-employed or work as freelancers.