The education system in Latvia is also heavily involved in multi-national cooperation in the field of education and research, with the aim of further developing student competitiveness in both local and international job markets.
Latvian Government has given special emphasis on education and has made many educational reforms. This quality of Latvia made it an ideal International destination. Engineering study in Latvia is very popular, also you may get it on affordable price. There is lots more reason which make it a perfect study destination.
The Latvian higher education system adheres to the Bologna process, in which there are three cycles of study, namely Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD degrees. Bachelor’s programs could be completed in 3-4 years, Master’s in 1-2 years, and Doctorates in 3-4 years.
Higher education in Latvia sets a contrast between academic and professional higher education. Majority of the Latvian academic institutions offer both degrees.
- Academic – programmes under this category focus on enhancing one’s research skills, while providing a theoretical background for their career. These are built upon a fundamental and/or applied science and generally requires a thesis at the end of each stage, leading to a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
- Professional – these programs tend to be more vocational, with a focus on providing in-depth knowledge to prepare students in areas such as the improvement of systems and technologies, as well as creative, research and teaching pursuits in their field.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES
- Faculty of Medicine – University of Latvia.
- Faculty of Medicine – Riga stradins University.
- Latvian Medical University.
- Medical Academy of Latvia
When it comes to study abroad, Latvia remains an admirable country as it has great Education System. Students can find jobs relevant to their graduation on the basis of their expertise and knowledge so they should keep enhancing their skills which can be proved as a ladder to their success. Students can legally do 20 hours per week part time job along with their studies. The cost of living is very low in Latvia comparative to the standard of living. More than 5,500 International Students enroll in Latvian Universities every year.
- The universities here are committed to provide high learning environment to international students.
- Academic higher education in Latvia follows the BOLOGNA system and is divided into three levels: bachelor’s studies, master’s studies, and doctoral studies.
- These courses are globally accepted providing huge employment opportunities to students.
- The Student Visa is renewable.
- The Universities have started teaching in English Medium also.
- SCHENGAN VISA is available in our country with use of this people can travel whole Europe countries.
- Student can work Part time for 20 Hrs a week.
- Paid internships is exclusively Guaranteed for all Students.
- The country is a thoroughly modern welfare state with well-planned and comfortable small towns and cities, but still offers vast areas of unspoiled nature.
Tuition fees for Latvian universities are very affordable compared to institutions from other countries in the EU. Non-EU students are generally required to pay at an even higher sum than their domestic and EU counterparts.
- The average tuition fee in Latvia for undergraduate programs is between EUR 3000 – EUR 5000 (USD 3,600 – USD 6,100).
- Medicine degrees are at higher rates, with the most being up to EUR 15,000 (USD 18,400) per year.
- On the other hand, master’s degree programs range from EUR 1,700 (USD 2,095) annually for EU/EEA and Swiss students to EUR 3,700 (USD 4,560) for other international enrolls.
Cost Of Living:
Living Expenses may vary according to your personal requirements and general standards of living, but in general you need to consider with average monthly costs of €450 – 700 .