UNITED KINGDOM EDUCATION
With its geographical proximity and cultural affinity to India, United Kingdom continues to be an important International destination for quality education to the Indian students, who are aspiring for an overseas education with a good International career prospects. The Government of United Kingdom is aggressively promoting its various higher secondary colleges and institutions across Indian metros and large cities. Over three years, the number of Indian students opting for studies in United Kingdom has surged and with the growth of the Indian economy and the increasing standard of life to its large middle class population means more and more students will be coming to United Kingdom, which is the leading Educational Hub in Asia, with a blend of both Western and Eastern Cultures, say best of the both worlds. United Kingdom is well known as a global education hub.
The United Kingdom is the world’s second leading study destination, largely thanks to the strong global reputation of UK universities. An impressive 76 UK universities feature in the QS World University Rankings 2019, and four institutions are currently ranked within the global top 10.
The UK offers a world-renowned education system with qualifications that can make a real difference to your future. It attracts over 600,000 international students each year to a variety of programmes, ranging from English language courses to PhDs.
The UK education system gives students the freedom to combine courses and subjects from different areas of studies, so you can tailor your degree to your own needs and interest.
Universities in UK are of three types- Collegiate universities, city universities and campus universities.
1.Collegiate universities have a number of different colleges run by a single university
2.City universities have their buildings within the city and are spread out over different locations in the city
3.Campus universities are located on large multi acre campuses on the outskirts of a city
WHY STUDY IN UNITED KINGDOM?
The UK education system is flexible, so you can study in a way that suits your lifestyle and career aspirations. When you study in United Kingdom you meet people from different nationalities, sharing their backgrounds and discovering new perspectives.
The UK is home to some of the most prestigious universities in the world, attracting thousands of students every year from across the globe.
Here are some other factors that entice students to study in the UK.
- The UK institutions consistently rank among the best in the world and qualifications are internationally valued and recognised.
- The UK undertakes 5 per cent of the world’s scientific research and produces 14 per cent of the world’s most frequently cited papers.
- UK institutions offer flexibility of choice and enable you to blend academic and vocational courses of your choice.
- The teaching and study methodology used in the UK give you the freedom to be creative and develop skills sets and confidence.
- As a student you get the opportunity to be taught by the world’s leading academics and experts; you also benefit from their constant academic support.
- UK degrees can be tailored to your interests and often include specialised modules.
- The UK is the home of English hence an ideal place to develop language skills and enhance employment prospects.
Most universities have set their own academic requirements for each course available on its premises.
IELTS or TOEFL scores or any equivalent as a proof of English Proficiency
The IELTS score requirement varies depending on the level of the course being applied for:
- Diploma Program: 5.0
- Undergraduate Program: 6.0
- Postgraduate Program: 6.0 to 6.5
The annual tuition fee in a good University varies from £10000 to £20000.
COST OF LIVING
- 11385 GBP (Inner London – 9 months)
- 9135 GBP (Outer London – 9 months)
- Maximum of 20 hours per week of paid/unpaid work for those studying at degree level or more
- Maximum of 10 hours per week of paid/unpaid work during course term for language center students
- Full-time work is allowed during vacations
- Students are able to secure a job with a salary offer of at least 20,600 GBP, they are eligible to apply for a work permit.